Friday, June 30, 2017

DIY Ideas for Framing Big Art on a Small Budget

This past fall, I went on a quest for a simple frame for a long 14-by-50-inch map. After quickly realizing there was no way a store-bought frame would fit these odd dimensions, I emailed a local NYC framing company for a quote. A couple days later, there it was in my inbox: a whopping $782.09 cost estimate. As much as I value supporting local businesses, there was no way I could do it. So then how do you make a big statement without completely destroying your budget? Follow the lead of the thrifty crafters that follow, and build your own.

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/large-picture-frames-you-can-make-on-the-cheap-242167

No comments:

Post a Comment