Monday, June 26, 2017

Alice, How Do I Ask My Demanding Neighbor to Move Her Stuff?

Dear Alice,

I'm having problems with a neighbor for the first time in my decade living in New York. She came upstairs to pointedly complain about my dryer being on at 3 pm on a Saturday. My response was to tell her we were willing to accommodate her as much as possible, but that my laundry also needed to dry. We heard from her again on a different weekend when she could hear a tray table moving while my husband was cutting food during dinner. I was told she was nicer about it this time, but I also know she's complained about noise to every other apartment on the floor. We are insanely quiet neighbors because we are aware that we aren't the only people in the building; we keep our tv down, we don't shout, we don't stomp, and I'm allergic to making noise after 10 pm. We also live on a busy street in Queens, so the expectations of absolute silence seem off.

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/alice-how-do-i-ask-my-demanding-neighbor-to-move-her-stuff-246658

No comments:

Post a Comment