If you’re anything like the average gamer, chances are you spend at least six hours a week playing video games. However, if you’re looking to get the most out of that quality time with your console, you need more than just a great gaming system —you need an awesome gaming environment in your current, or upcoming, apartment too.
Here are some ideas to help you dress up the gaming room in your rented apartment to make sure it’s functional, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing.
1. Invest in a Projector
One of the most important factors in a quality gaming experience is being able to see the graphics well. If you don’t have a large television or don’t have the room for a large television in your apartment, then consider investing in a projector.
Projectors will light up the entire wall with the high-quality graphics of your favorite games, taking your gaming experience to the next level. The best part about projectors is they are easy to transport if you decide to move once the lease runs up, and you don’t have to worry about mounting a TV to the wall in an apartment you’re renting.
2. Make Sure You Have the Right Internet Speed
There is little more frustrating than a game that lags, takes forever to load, or randomly shuts down because the internet in your apartment is shoddy. Avoid this problem from the get-go by making sure your internet speed is right for gaming. The device you use for gaming and the types of games you play will affect the minimum speed you need to ensure a frustration-free experience, so be sure to do your research.
3. Soundproof Your Walls
Do you live in an apartment with friends or family members who don’t share your same passion for gaming? Instead of fighting about the volume or setting up a schedule dictating when you can and cannot play, soundproof your gaming room.
A cheap, but still extremely effective, way to set up soundproofing in your gaming room is to install soundproof foam on your walls. Soundproof foam is designed to absorb the sound and stop it from traveling through the walls. This way, you can play while your roommates study with zero conflicts. Soundproof foam is also easy to install and remove, which promises you can move it from one apartment to the next.
4. Consider Surround Sound
While we are on the topic of sound, let’s keep in mind there is a reason you soundproof rather than turn the volume down on the game —sound effects are an integral part of the gaming experience. If you’re looking to get the most out of your gaming time, invest in a surround sound system that won’t bother your property manager, but will still let you hear every gunshot, explosion, and “Hadouken!”
5. Take It Up a Notch with Decor
Gaming is a great way to unwind and immerse yourself in a fun environment, and the more your decor matches your passion for gaming, the easier it will be to relax. Don’t believe it? Try getting a massage in the middle of the street rather than in a warm, cozy room. Here are some simple ideas to help you completely transform the feel of your gaming room with decor upgrades that even your property manager will love.
● Gaming chairs. When gaming, you exercise your fingers and thumbs, but the rest of your body needs a comfortable place to rest. Don’t settle for anything less than chairs that are designed especially for gaming.
● Old-school arcade game. Video games have come a long way since the time you used to save your quarters and ride your bike to the arcade, but there is power in nostalgia. You may not play an old pinball machine or Mortal Kombat arcade game, but if you can get your hands on one, its presence will liven up your room.
● Gaming wallpaper. In other areas of your apartment, you may want to paint the walls a nice white or popular gray color, but not in your gaming room. If your property manager permits it, try some Super Mario Bros., Ms. Pac-Man, or Sonic the Hedgehog wallpaper instead. It will give off the vibe that the room is meant for nothing but serious gaming. If your rental doesn’t allow wallpaper, look for a removable vinyl decal instead.
While all of the tips listed above ensure you’ll build a killer gaming room, remember the most important rule—unless you were given clearance before moving in, check with your property manager first before making any major renovations. Happy gaming in your new and improved space.
The post How to Build the Ultimate Game Room in Your Apartment appeared first on Apartment Living Blog.
from Apartment Living Blog https://www.forrent.com/blog/decor-for-the-home/building-ultimate-entertainment-gaming-room-new-apartment/