Friday, April 14, 2017

This Ballet Teacher Inspires All Of Us: Sheila Rozann & Her Students — The Art of Living

Following up from my last post about my aunt Sheila, which I'm so pleased you all liked, this one is a wonderful reversal of the camera in which we interview her students about HER. As with the last, this is all the video mastery of Quinn Wharton, Sheila's grand nephew and my second cousin. It's a family affair!

As I mentioned in the last post:

I've always believed that homes need good design to support a good life, but the greatest design of all is the design of a life itself. Visiting my aunt Sheila last year in Santa Fe, New Mexico, I was stunned watching her teach for the first time and shocked to realize that in my whole life of knowing her, I'd never really known this side of her as Ms. Rozann, master ballet teacher. I left from my visit with an indelible image of her, at 88, channeling her entire experience right into her students with a warmth, love and fierceness that was unparalleled in all my years of watching teachers.

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/this-ballet-teacher-inspires-all-of-us-sheila-rozann-amp-her-students-244609

No comments:

Post a Comment