Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Here's How I (Painlessly!) Purged 80 Percent of My Closet

The realization that I had way too many clothes hit me the way it usually hits us: When we're running late for an appointment and all we can do is stand in our underwear in front of our closet and glare. The whole situation made no sense to me. I had more sweaters than a Gap mid-season sale, too many skirts to count, and there were so many shirts stuffed onto shelves that one literally tumbled out and plopped in a heap in front of my toes. And yet, nothing in there was doing it for me. Not a thing. As I tried to skim the mess for something that would make me feel somewhat cute that afternoon, a question hit me that changed everything: Why do I own all of this stuff if I never seem to want to wear any of it?

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/heres-how-i-painlessly-purged-80-percent-of-my-closet-243862

No comments:

Post a Comment