Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Color Fail: How I Should Have Painted My House, According to Experts

When I chose the trim color for my home, it was the last decision in a long line of decisions at the end a gut rehab. I was in project overload and gave some vague instructions to the painter one random day that I wanted gray, and the next thing I knew it was done. I'm totally fine with the color, but it's maybe just a teensy bit dour? (Never mind that Edward Gorey called from the grave to accuse me of stealing his look.) Moving on, almost ten years later, the peeling paint tells me it's time for a new coat, and perhaps a new (more cheerful) palette as well. So I asked three experts to tell me their favorite schemes for my historic building's trim. Here are their picks, along with a really amazing way to visualize potential paint choices!

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/exterior-paint-colors-according-to-three-home-experts-242814

No comments:

Post a Comment