Thursday, June 4, 2015

Alice, My Boyfriend Shoots Down All My Decor Ideas (But Doesn't Offer Any Of His Own) — Ask Alice: Advice for Life at Home

Dear Alice,

My boyfriend and I have been living together for a couple of years now. Whenever I try to decorate or improve our space, he complains and puts his foot down saying that we don't need anything. Yet at the same time, he also complains that our place is a mess and that he wishes it looked better. Anytime I try to offer an idea for improvement, I get shot down, which wouldn't be so bad if he offered an alternative idea, but he doesn't. Once, I went ahead and did some painting when he was away, and when he came back we ended up in a big fight. In the end, he really liked it (I used a paint color that I knew he liked) but if I hadn't done this, the room would never have been painted. I really want to make our place nice, but I feel he thwarts my efforts every time. What can I do? He says that he wants us to work together, but he also refuses to make a decision on anything, so we do nothing. I can't just go ahead and start improvements without discussing it with him because it will end up in a big fight.

Help!

Decor Dud

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://feeds.apartmenttherapy.com/~r/apartmenttherapy/main/~3/ZqwFFz52T2o/alice-ask-alice-advice-for-life-at-home-219447

No comments:

Post a Comment