Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Alice, My Aunt Committed Me to Hosting Houseguests, Can I Back Out? — Ask Alice: Advice for Life at Home

Dear Alice,

My elderly aunt and I live in the same city and I recently discovered that she offered up my apartment as lodging next month when my cousin (her daughter) comes to visit her (my aunt's apartment is very small). The problem is that not only did she not ask me beforehand, she didn't even tell me until now, a few weeks before the visit and it's a very inconvenient time for me to have guests.

I'm pretty miffed. Technically, I have the room but I don't really want to be a host for this cousin (I don't especially like her company) and I'm annoyed that it was forced upon me. But I also know all the plans have been made already and I don't want to rock the boat. What should I do?


Sincerely,

Hating Hosting

READ MORE »



from Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time http://feeds.apartmenttherapy.com/~r/apartmenttherapy/main/~3/WbuynN0gjRE/alice-ask-alice-advice-for-life-at-home-219446

No comments:

Post a Comment