Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Throwing a Sprinkle with Target’s Home Style Expert, Emily Henderson

Emily Henderson is probably the coolest mom on the planet. Not only is she a design star and a Target Home Style Expert who we spotted strutting in a commercial last night. (go emily!) But she’s also adding to her already adorable family this fall. So in honor of baby girl Hendo, a sprinkle was in order. Think cool, chic, “Where the Wild Things Are” vibes and lots of watercolor. Have a look at this exclusive sneak peek captured by Tessa Neustadt with even more in the vault.

What’s the key to a great Sprinkle?

While I already have Charlie, I wanted to celebrate our new baby girl in a space that felt super casual and “me” with our friends and family. I’ve always had a soft spot for The Fig House since I helped design it and know those folks really well, so holding my Sprinkle there seemed like a natural fit.

I think the key to a great Sprinkle – like any good party – is all about how you set the tone. Since this is an intimate party for my close friends and family, I want to make sure there are lots of fun and memorable moments throughout the space. We incorporated fun activities like a guest book, DIY onesies and bib stations for mom and baby and – my favorite – a DIY terrarium featuring some of my favorite new fall Threshold pieces from Target to take home with them. I just wanted it to feel like Brian and I and that usually includes only a few fun elements – food, drinks, our friends and some pretty things to look at.

Did you have an overall design theme or vision for the day?

I wanted the Sprinkle to go hand in hand with my mood board for our baby girl’s nursery – light pinks and mossy greens with earthy tones and relatively gender neutral. Inspired by those colors, I was able to create a Sprinkle that spoke to the aesthetic of the Pacific Northwest with a ‘Where the Wild Things Are’ bent.

What were your must haves for your Sprinkle?

I wanted a welcoming space that reflected my nursery vision for Baby Girl Hendo: welcoming, delicate and feminine without being over-the-top girly. To achieve this, we incorporated elegant touches throughout the space with some muted pinks and some soft watercolor-themed décor, which seemed pretty appropriate for a Sprinkle. I also wanted something pretty do-able, like put together, but realistic enough that my friends and family could leave and feel like they could pull off something similar.

I was also excited to have a theme to the party – in this case, the watercolor references that tie back to the idea of a “Sprinkle” is perfect. From the menus and invites to table runners, the watercolor quote wall and all the other décor accents throughout, I was excited to have a consistent theme that tied everything together.

Let’s talk cocktails and ‘mocktails’…any beverage all-stars at your Sprinkle?

YES. I’m thinking something healthy and fun for me and then something indulgent and fun for my friends. Since I’ve been pregnant and have had to abstain from the sauce, I have been splurging on green pressed juices and fresh squeeze fruit juices which feel special and indulgent. We’ll start there and for those who want a kick can add that in.

Are there any design tips you use for interior design that hold true for party design as well?

Whether designing a room or a party, I love creating mood boards that can help get the creative juices flowing. For any party, I look at the big picture: what’s the objective, what is the theme? And then I use these answers as a guide to help me dictate the other decisions I make. Have a consistent color palette, with texture contrast and depth – all the usual design ideas, but just making them fit more in the more temporary party space.

What baby products are you loving right now?

I’m loving the Sophie La Girafe Teether – teethers are a must-have for all babies, and when you find one that works, it’s essential to buy multiple so they’re always accessible, whether on the go or at home in the playroom.

I’m also loving patterned, comfortable swaddle blankets, like these Orla Kiely by aden + anais swaddleplus ones from Target – cuddling Charlie is my favorite thing to do, and we can’t wait to snuggle with our baby girl.

Also on my list is the Skip Hop Duo Essential Diaper Bag. The French stripes in blue make it stylish enough to double as a normal tote bag, but it’s still super functional with multiple compartments and pockets for storage.

Share this gorgeous gallery on

Sources

DIY Baby Item Station

Paint Brush Vase Holder: similar Target | Gold Vase: similar Target | Threshold Gold Lantern: Target

Terrarium Station

Terrarium: similar Target | Gold Vase: similar Target | Threshold Gold Lantern small: Target | Threshold Gold Lantern large: Target | Nate Berkus Watercolor Shower Curtain: Target | Nate Berkus Etched Wood Tray: Target

Outdoor Decor

Mirrored Accent Table: similar Target | Threshold Marble Accent Table: Target | Hexagon Accent Table: similar Target | Threshold Gold Bar Cart: Target

Diaper Bag

Skip Hop Duo Diaper Bag: Target | Sophie La Girafe Teether: Target | Orla Kiely by Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets: Target | Honest Diapers in Confetti Hearts: Target

Photography: Tessa Neustadt | Venue: The Fig House | Design And Styling: Emily Henderson

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: The Blog



from Style Me Pretty » Blogs » Living http://www.stylemepretty.com/living/2015/09/29/throwing-a-sprinkle-with-emily-henderson/

No comments:

Post a Comment