Wednesday, June 3, 2015

5 Simple Must-Have Items for Your Kitchen

When preparing to move, the kitchen is the last thing to pack and the first thing to unpack. It is the busiest room in the house and gets the most use. You prepare three meals a day in there. It’s where you prepare for company and family! Let’s face it, the kitchen is just a fun place to be! Now, let’s discuss some of the essentials you will need in your kitchen.

Wooden Spoons

For every meal you prepare, you will need something to stir the sauces, flip the eggs and saute the vegetables. My favorite go-to tool for this is definitely wooden spoons. They work great on all different types of food and pans, and they won’t scratch any of your cooking surfaces.

Kitchen Must Haves Wooden Spoons

A Good Blender

I have come to really appreciate a good blender. We recently purchased a Blendtec blender, and while it is a little on the pricey side, the quality is there! Blenders are so much more than just a smoothie maker. They can make sauces, margaritas, dips and some can even make soups like this Classic Butternut Squash Soup from ForRent.com.

A Chalkboard Menu

A chalkboard menu isn’t a kitchen tool per se, but it is a great way to decorate your kitchen and keep your menu straight. Over the years, I have found that when I sit down and make out a menu plan, it saves me both time and money. I can create a list of exactly what I need to buy, thereby cutting down on wasted food, purchasing too much junk-type foods and never knowing what to cook. When I ask everyone what they want to eat, I generally get the infamous “I don’t know”. Well, when you have a menu already planned out, everyone knows exactly what to expect for the week.

Kitchen Must Haves Chalkboard Menu

Over-the-Sink Colander

Space is always something I’m lacking in the kitchen while cooking, and an over-the-sink colander is just perfect when your sink is filling up with all those mixing bowls! This type of colander rests on each edge of the sink, allowing you to rinse your food effortlessly while above anything in the sink! I’m a big fan of fruits and veggies, so this gets a lot of use in our home!

5 Kitchen Must Haves Over the Sink Colander

Misto

Oil is a commonly used ingredient, and the Misto, a reusable oil sprayer, allows you to use regular oils with the convenience of an aerosol can. When cooking, you can eat healthier by using less oil with an even spray. It can also be used with a variety of other items; for example: vinegars, lemon and lime juice, sherry, or marsala wine. It’s also great for topping off salads and breads. I had never heard of it before, but I’m so glad I was introduced!

Kitchen Must Haves Misto

Do you have a favorite kitchen tool that is a must-have? Let me know in the comments below! I’m always looking for a few new kitchen gadgets!

The post 5 Simple Must-Have Items for Your Kitchen appeared first on Apartment Living Blog.



from Apartment Living Blog http://www.forrent.com/blog/apartment-organization/5-simple-must-have-items-for-your-kitchen/

No comments:

Post a Comment